Friday 23 May 2008

My Disneyland Past






My friend Kevin scanned some old photos for me from our Disney days. Kevin was a Guest Relations Host/Tour Guide at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida. He now works for Delta Airlines as a flight attendant.

I met Kevin through my friend Mario, who was my co-worker at Disneyland in Anaheim, California. I really enjoyed being a Disneyland Tour Guide. I learned a lot about Walt Disney. I could also meet people from all over the world. But most of all, I could ride the rides while I was working! We tested Splash Mountain during the summer of 1988 during our lunch breaks!!!!!! There was too much water and my uniform was soaked!

Photos
Winter 1989--With Mario in the Guest Relations telephone room . That is a close-up of our Tour Guide pin. Too bad we couldn't keep it!

Summer 1991--Visiting Tokyo Disneyland and taking a photo with some Tokyo Tour Guides. Our Anaheim uniforms are similar except that our plaid is Royal Stewart (red)

July 1991--Kevin (Walt Disney World), Craig (Disneyland), me, my Cornell classmate Peter, and Mario (Disneyland) in front of the Mickey Mouse flower portrait at Disneyland

July 1991--With Peter and Kevin

November 1995--A Happy Day for My Sister: My sister Janet was named Disneyland's first Asian American Ambassador. She was part of a 4-person team who represented Disneyland in 1996. She wore her uniform when we went to Atlanta to watch Tammy play in her first Olympics.

No comments: