Friday 20 June 2008

La Belle Cour's New Summer Drinks and My Cooking Hobby

Last Saturday, Kawakami-san and I decided to try out the new sweet potato smoothie. The La Belle Cour staff told us that we were the first employees to try it, but actually after reading Memoppi comments, it looks like Mr. Fukuju was the first one to try it on Friday, June 13.

It was surprisingly tasty, and even though I had a bad cold, I could taste the sweet potato.

The next day we went back again so that Mannen-san could try it, but I decided to try the banana chocolate smoothie and Kawakami-san had the peach smoothie. They are all very refreshing and delicious!






I have also been cooking different things at home. The other day I went to Kaldi Coffee Farm in Motomachi and found some bottled Thai basil and chili sauce. It is very convenient for making spicy fried rice. I made pork fried rice with a fried egg on top for extra protein. It was very spicy!!!!!!















At Daiei a while ago, I found giant black beans. I didn't know what to do with them, but last Saturday afternoon I suddenly decided to try to make my favorite Thai dessert--black beans with sticky rice in coconut milk. It took a long time to make because I had to soak the beans before boiling them. I also had to soak the sticky rice before steaming it. I think the rice was a bit too hard.

I took some with me to La Mer on Monday and let people try it. "It tastes like ohagi," said Yoshimura-san. Everyone was surprised at the size of the black beans.

No comments: